Free STD Testing for Women Centralia WA
Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI’s)
What’s the difference between an STI and an STD?
- Most people have at least heard of the terms STIs and STDs. But it can be confusing to understand the difference.
- Diseases that are spread through any kind of sexual contact have been called sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) for many years. However, due to many of the most common STDs not showing any obvious signs or symptoms at first, many health care experts now find it more accurate to call them STIs (sexually transmitted infections). The bacteria or virus that is contracted through sexual contact can cause an infection (not showing signs or symptoms) that can later turn into a disease when the signs or symptoms actually appear.
Facts about STDs
- There are about 20 million new cases of STD’s each year in the United States. Half of these infections occur in people between 15 and 24 years of age. Learn more about STD's.
- Many STDs don’t cause any symptoms you would notice. You can get an STD from having sex with someone who has no symptoms. Possibilities provides women with free testing and treatment for the following illnesses.
- You can contract an STD through vaginal, anal and oral sex.
Should I get Tested?
- If you have had any sexual partner who has been sexually active with someone other than you, then you are at risk of having an STI, many of which shown no signs or symptoms at first. The risk significantly increases with every sexual partner you have.
- It is important to be tested so that if you have an STI, not only can you start treatment right away, but also so you do not spread the STI to your sexual partner.
- The longer you wait to be tested, the greater the risk for lasting and more damaging complications. If you have been or are in any sexual relationship that could put you at risk for contracting an STI, for your own health and your partner’s health it is best to be tested regularly.
Get In Touch!
1017 W Main Street
Centralia, WA 98531
Located Across the Street from Napa Auto Parts
123 Main Avenue
Morton WA 98356
1st and 3rd Tuesday of every month only